Friday, February 20, 2009

One Week Later.........

Well, it has been a week since boot camp ended. I have enjoyed the freedom of not having to make the calls every day, but I find myself thinking about them at the scheduled times every day, as well as thinking of all the people I came to know during the two months. I have learned that you must be persistent and consistant in this type of business, and probably in all types of dealings in life. You must also build relationships. I was always the type person that wanted to get things done quickly! I didn't have time to build relationships. Bah humbug! You must, if you want to succeed, and if you want a meaningful life. Well, it's back to work now. I am still buying leads, and for now, that is about all. Next week is the last week I will work at my lifelong job. Retirement is finally here! I have looked forward to it for all these 32 years, and now it is finally here. I am sure I don't yet realize just what all that means. I look forward to my "new" life. Ginny has promised to go outside and dance on my retirement day, and I will hold her to it! I hope it is raining! There is nothing better than dancing in the rain! I hope the rest of you are doing great things! I miss hearing from you every day, but I will get into making some of the calls after next Friday! Goodnight, my friends.

2 comments:

Big Z and his Mom said...

"It's never too late to be who you might have been."

George Elliot

One more week, Wanda . . . I was thinking of you this morning as I was up early. I was thinking of you delivering mail on a Saturday because your day off is Monday. Does this mean that next Saturday will be your last day?

Wishing you a joyful heart, even if bittersweet, for the next adventure of your life is beginning as the old ends. And, you'll be creating relationships in a whole new way --- yours --- instead of being the middle-mail-person who delivers messages for others, you'll be creating your personal messages through relationships with others. :-)

Enjoy.

Big Z and his Mom said...

Wanda,

Thinking of you as a Retired US Postal Rural Route Carrier. Congratulations!!!!!

Hope your weekend was lovely, and that you're beginning to feel the reality of a new dawn in your life in very good ways.

Have a fantastic and rewarding first week off the j.o.b. We are celebrating YOU!